Monday, March 15, 2010

New papercuts every day

I honestly don't think that a day goes by that I don't get a papercut from an adoption document! This weekend Brian and I went and had bloodwork drawn (again); we'll need to take the original results back with us to Russia and our US doctor needs them to help us redo our US medicals. I hope, hope, hope those results come back quickly so we can get with our doctor for him to update our medicals.

Today found me FedExing documents to the accountant who has been helping us. Though we have original letters from our mortgage company saying we're in good standing, as well as our bank saying our accounts are also in good standing, the judge wants the accountant to verify that this is true. And, while we were previously told to send copies of our 2006, 2007 and 2008 taxes, now the judge wants only the 2008 copies, meaning we need to strip the other ones away and ask the accountant to do new cover letters verifiying only this year. (And, forgive me if I've written this all already. This never-ending ride has me getting a bit confused about what's been done when and how, which is SO not like me.)

That's one of the hardest things for me about this whole process - having to ask other people for help. Not only do people have to go out of their way they REALLY have to go out of their way to do things the way we need them, and now we're having to ask them to do documents AGAIN. I'm totally embarrassed and sheepish to ask for help from them all.

Once we get the medical tests, medical reports and accounting documents, I'll make another trip to Topeka for those documents (as well as additional proof that the psychiatrist who met with us is, indeed, a psychiatrist)  to be apostilled and return them to our agency for them to got whisked to Russia. Then we HOPE to receive a thumbs up on our documents and get a court date. I'm hope, hope, hoping to get our documents apostilled this week, but it depends on matters out of my direct control or influence, so we'll see.

And, in case any of you don't know this about me, I bleed crimson and blue, get goosebumps when I hear (or even write about, like right now) the Rock Chalk chant and will scream to the rooftops until my dying day: I AM A PROUD KANSAS JAYHAWK! Go 'Hawks! - who if you don't know, are the overall number 1 seed in the upcoming NCAA basketball tournament. I will root for Kansas State as long as they're not playing us. And, while I want the Big 12 to represent, I'm not sure I can ever write that I'm rooting for Mizzou. Rock Chalk, Jayhawk!


Go, boys!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Rock chalk!

amy said...

Oh man y'all are going through the ringer with stupid paperwork. So, so frustrating. It kills me to know getting our US doctor medical paperwork (which gave me a nervous breakdown) was for nothing... we are going to Moscow for medicals right before our court date. Hang in there ~ I'll be thinking of you, hoping & praying for apostilles this week!

Beth said...

Can not agree more on the paper work the judge in Ekat was obsessed with my car loan and if I am paying it I had to redue that one 3 times????? Crazy all the paper work I guess they do not care about the trees they are killing for all this paper and those little kids waiting for there forever families. ope you hear something GREAT soon

Beth