Thursday, February 18, 2010

Take THAT, paperwork!

Today begins with a brief, I'm certain, moment of euphoria.

Just sit quietly for a moment. Take it all in. Do you sense it?

I have no adoption documents to bird dog. (Well, technically one, but give a girl a break and let her enjoy.) Yesterday our psych evaluations were finished and I picked up two copies of our verification of mortgage payment and account good standing on ORIGINAL, color, there-is-no-way-this-could-be-a-fake letterhead and added them to our very large pile of other signed, sealed and delivered documents (including the long-awaited FBI background check clearances - special thanks to Sen. Sam Brownback's office for their assistance in requesting that these be processed a bit more quickly than the FBI indicated they would be). I headed to Topeka and had all 48 documents apostilled and threw then in a FedEx box that is winging its way to our agency in St. Louis for arrival this a.m.

Good riddance, stuff! Fingers are now crossed that all of the documents are acceptable and no new requests come lobbing in at the last minute. Our agency will forward them to our staff in Russia, who will translate them and file them with the court. We hope this means a new court date will be coming soon!

Keep the good thoughts zooming into the universe for the girls. I promise that it makes the mommy and daddy to be's (that's us!) feel better as we endure this time without them.

P.S. I'm pa-thet-ica-lly sore from this little Wii adventure. So sad. Tennis shoulder from "serving" - really? Upper thigh aches from "bike riding" around "the island." Are you kidding me? I guess it's doing what we'd hoped, but it's also confirming that I'm so incredibly, woefully, pa-thet-ica-lly out of shape! :)

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Glad to hear all the paperwork is done! Way to go! Hoping for a new court date for you real soon! P.S. Take care of yourself! And yes the Wii can give you sports injuries that you never thought you would get!

Alison said...

Yay!! What a great update!!

I am sore from the wii all the time!!