Tuesday, January 12, 2010

frus⋅tra⋅tion  /frʌˈstreɪʃən/ [fruh-strey-shuhn]

Definition: Managing an adoption.

I'm drowning in the bureacracy. Lost in it all are two little girls who we are trying to bring home from a Russian orphanage.

Now it appears that our FBI background check requests might not have been lost, after all. There is a huge backlog in even entering the requests for background checks into the system. Today, i was told, they were entering requests received on Nov. 15. Yes, today is Jan. 12. FBI, if you're reading this, please don't put a black mark next to my name. Then, after the request is (finally) logged? It's 8 to 10 weeks to get your background check complete.

Hm. I don't think we have that much time between now and Feb. 18.

It's not just the FBI background checks. It's every document that needs to be done before court, practically. I won't bore you with the details, but there are many. They go on and on and on and on.

Bureacracy. Drowning. frus⋅tra⋅tion  /frʌˈstreɪʃən/ [fruh-strey-shuhn]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

my offer to go for an ice-cream run mid-day still stands....it always makes me feel good regardless of the crap that's happening!
love,grace

Shelly and Steve said...

Well that scares me too!! I know we have longer than you until court but I'm still hoping for March at least and I just sent ours off right after the new year (the first clearances expire Feb 26) Our gvmt is just as painfully slow as the Russian gvmt, if not worse! Oh how I wish we were both on the other side of this, with our girls in our arms :o(

Unknown said...

You want me to straighten them out for ya?

Uncle Kirk said...

I don't think I had to go through what you're going through to get my security clearance. Hang in there. It will all pass and you will have two little girls to love and hold.

amy said...

Thinking of you and hoping for a speedy turnaround of your paperwork!

Wendi and Terry said...

We've all been there, it will all come together, I promise. There were so many days I was frustrated with our case worker, state governement and the federal government. They all just move at their own speed and it was never fast enough for me. It's so hard when you can't control the flow of your paperwork! But in the end it will all be worth it and after you have your two little girls in your arms you won't even remember your paperwork frustrations!

Tiff said...

Hang in there paperwork queen! Love ya! Tiff