My delightful and long-time friend, Jodi, author of Dinnertime, posted a question to the blog the other night about the Russian food. Brian would like to answer.
"Why, Jodi, the Maruchan Instant Lunch ramen noodles with vegetables and the Kraft Ritz Handi Snacks Cranckers 'N Cheese Dip are just delightful, thank you for asking. We've also found the Great Value Brand peanut butter exceptional as are the same brand's low-fat mixed berry grain bars."
In all honesty, we've tried very hard to save money and brought snacks in our suitcases to try to avoid going down to the restaurant for dinner. We have eaten dinner down there only twice - once the first night we got here and again on Wednesday. We do have "free" breakfast with the room down there each a.m., but it's pretty basic. We're hoping we get something good in Moscow tomorrow evening. The hotel food is good but I suspect it's pretty basic, as much food is in hotel restaurants around the world. .
We did walk to a "mall" today and they have a very good market, so when we come back for our longer custody trip we can go stock up on cereal, juice, fruit, fresh sliced meats, etc., for us and the girls after we have them. I did have borscht (and I'm certain I'm misspelling that but I'm too tired and nervous to look it up - we leave in 1/2 hour to go see the judge - I'll post later about how that goes) and it was good and I did have potato pancakes with caviar and sour cream. The other night I wimped out and needed more comfort and opted for spaghetti carbonara! In the a.m. there are lots of sliced sausage-type meats on the buffet, as well as fruit (I've been skeetching clementines/mandarin oranges for a treat in our room at night), dry cereal, granola and pitchers of yogurt, hard boiled eggs and a hot tray with a warm sausage like a hot dog, some kind of egg thing, etc. Because we've eaten down there every day and the menu doesn't change we just go to our personal standbys...but it's great to have a meal in the a.m. that we don't have to pay for!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for the answer! Potato pancakes, mmm--but otherwise, that sounds like a whole lot of sausages. Congratulations on the foresight to bring your own food.
Post a Comment