OH, YEAH!
I have no idea what trouble we're going to get into today. It's so glorious to have a Sunday with my husband and have absolutely NOTHING we have to do (except for laundry, the floors and figuring out what and how to feed ourselves throughout the day). :)
I asked our agency for some reassurance this last week. I know, logically, that our wait is no slower than promised but no faster than we'd hoped. I know, logically, that things seem to be doing what they're supposed to be doing. On Friday our paperwork left St. Louis bound for Russia so it should soon be in Smolensk, keeping our home study current.
And, I know I need to have faith - but sometimes that is hard to come by.
Here's what I'll try to keep remind myself - from my agency:
Things are always changing in Russia and Smolensk is no exception! ... please know that we are always looking out for you, and we know that, despite however long it takes, you WILL complete and bring home that precious child you’re waiting for. xx is always communicating with our Director in Moscow, and if they feel that it would be in your best interest to move you to another region, they will let me know first, and then I will call you to discuss it. Right now they feel the best place for you is Smolensk, but if that changes I will contact you as soon as I’m told!
International adoption in Russia is far from an “exact science”! Some days it’s hard to get my head around the changes that have suddenly been made that will affect our families. But our mission is to help these children find homes and we will do whatever is in our power to make that a reality.
International adoption in Russia is far from an “exact science”! Some days it’s hard to get my head around the changes that have suddenly been made that will affect our families. But our mission is to help these children find homes and we will do whatever is in our power to make that a reality.

1 comment:
Holly,
Patience is becoming very difficult for us as well these days. Hang in there....we keep telling ourselves..."the call" will come when you least expect it and how wonderful that will be!
Post a Comment