Thursday, June 25, 2009

A year ago today

A year ago today we had our first meeting with the social worker who did our homestudy for the adoption. How do I know this? Because our homestudy is dated Sept. 8, 2008 and I needed to contact our adoption consultant and social worker about how to make sure that said homestudy doesn't expire...wouldn't it just be our luck that a referral would come in and we'd be delayed because our homestudy expired or was set to expire?

As I was verifying the date on our homestudy, I had to scroll through it to get to the date section. While doing so, I saw the paragraph that said, "This social worker first met with the Shriners on June 25..."

The good news is that our homestudy "just" needs a three-page addendum with a few things verified by the social worker. We're going to aim to have it to our agency by mid-August so it can be translated and sent to our region by the Sept. 8 date...and we shouldn't lose any time. Ideally. With hope.

Other than that, we have absolutely nothing to update. But, you should all be getting used to that by now!

No comments: