When my girlfriend, Alison, and her new husband came home from Mexico where they got hitched, Brian and I had a casserole waiting for them in their fridge (we'd been taking care of their doggie and watching out for their place, our old place). I figured they'd want something non-resort-y to eat but wouldn't be up to cooking, nor would they have any food in the house to cook.
Our dish wasn't anything fancy, just an entirely unhealthy concoction called chile rice that has tons of cheese, sour cream, white rice and green chiles. It's hearty enough to be a meal on its own. And, if truth be told, we made a huge double batch and made some for ourselves. And if more truth be told, the reason we made that at all was that Brian was hungry for it!
Last night Ali called to say that she was going to run the dish back by...and that it was full of chicken enchiladas! When I called her back minutes later (I hadn't been able to get to the phone because I was painting my tootsies a blue color called "Splash") I laughed and said the dish must be a magical one filling itself with food for friends! Nothing like a little back-and-forth with food!
So, tonight, the oven will soon get warmed up for our ready-made (and homemade!) chicken enchiladas...and just maybe a margarita or two made from the agave tequila they brought us home from Mexico! Ole!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment