I've been horribly ill for about 10 days and finally had myself together this a.m. to go to work and put in a real, whole, full day. I went out to my car, got in the driver's seat and tried to close the door.
It wouldn't close.
It bounced back open.
I checked to make sure that nothing was stuck and there was nothing. So I then looked at the latch and didn't see anything amiss. Tried the door again. Bounce. Then I went to the passenger door and looked at the latch on that side to make sure it looked right on the driver's side.
So here I am having to call work and tell them I'm going to be late because...I can't close my car door.
All's well that ends well and we made it work (Brian had to come home and the dealer replaced the latch, blah, blah, blah)...but still. You really can't make this kind of stuff up.
Adoption wise we found out there is still some paperwork our agency needs to submit on our behalf to Smolensk. No, I'm not annoyed this hasn't been done already. Yes, I am being sarcastic. But, what are you going to do?
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh, man! What a day! Hope you're feeling better!
Lots of sickie stuff going around. Anne and I have been swapping bugs all winter. Glad you're feeling better. I've got a haunted right rear door on my SUV. It keeps sliding the child lock into the lock position. I move the slide into the unlock position and the next time somebody is sitting back there and tries to open the door, it's in the lock position again. Where's Rod Serling when you need him :-)
LOL! Sorry about the car door. Why does that stuff always happen when we need to be somewhere important!!!
Sorry about the frustrating paperwork! What a pain!
Stupid car door! That actually frustrates me to just read it.
Take some advice from Dea ... just say "Aargh!" really loud and move on. Something about that word really makes you feel better.
Post a Comment