Sunday, March 22, 2009

Room to groove

The kiddo's room is coming along!

We started it a while back and it kind of stalled out as we both got busy and occupied with other projects. But, this weekend Brian made significant progress on it! Floor trim was purchased, painted and installed, as was the chair rail. He started painting the existing trim brown around 1 of the 2 windows in the room and we have the trim around the main door and closet door to paint brown, too.

But...we can start to accessorize! We have an awesome large mirror from our master bath that we hope to hang; we think it's original to the house from the 50's. We need a rug...oh, and a chair and a bed/crib, but we won't know what to buy until we get our referral and now how old our kiddo is. If it's a girl we'll add a bunch of pink and if it's a boy we'll play up the blue/brown, etc.

Because I couldn't resist, I pulled out some items my parents gave us for Christmas - some frames, a wonderful blanket that matches the colors of the room perfectly (Behr's Moon Mist and Pale Daffodil for the stripes and Serene Sky) - we were going for gender neutral but kind of vintage/retro. Now I can start looking for some artwork, a lamp or two, etc.

Here are a few pics, just to show you the progress! Thanks, Bri, for working so hard this weekend!















Here's a pic of the room on the day we moved in.




And here are the stripes going on.




7 comments:

Nancy said...

I like it!

Unknown said...

Me too.

Anonymous said...

Love it!
Sarah G.

Alison said...

I love this! Scott is so totally glad he was not the one paiting the stripes!! I think ours were enough....

Kim said...

Wow - what a great room!

Anonymous said...

I love those beautiful stripes. I can't wait for you and Brian to get some good news!

McMary said...

Room looks so great.