Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'll have 5 more of today, please

Every 14th day is now my favorite.

It's my day off.

Since I started working a part-time gig in addition to my full-time gig, I have one day off every other Sunday. You guessed it - that was today! I love that I was able to easily find a part-time job and I love where I work - a locally owned toy store where I used to work years ago - but I will admit that I love, love, love, love, love every other Sunday, when I have a day off! The only other days off I take are occasional adoption-related ones, which typically require a trip to Topeka for aspotilles or some other jump-through-hoops action.

So what did today find? A day spent entirely in my pajama bottoms and a T-shirt, completely done laundry (except for the clothes on our back, including clean sheets!), a clean home with all dusting complete, throw rugs vacuumed and floors mopped, a real dinner made, EVERY DVR'd show watched, a few chapters read in a book, time with Brian and some things I'm sure I'm forgetting!

Now the countdown is on for the Sunday after next!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW, you got a lot done in your day off!

Alison said...

OMG...you got all of that done in one day?!?!?! WOW!!!

Unknown said...

Dusting and mopping? Let the good times roll!

Kim said...

LOL - sounds like a fun day! After spending 18 hours in the car this weekend, I am spending all day in my pj's too. Well, that's the plan - I will see how far I can take it. :)