Friday, December 26, 2008

Y? Y not?

We've talked about it for months, in a "we-really-should, we-know-we-need-to " kind of way, but today we finally took action: Brian and I joined the Y.

Our decision to do it today was prompted by a promotion that waived the membership/joining fee of $150, a deal that was only good for today, tomorrow and Sunday. We decided if we didn't take advantage of a deal like that we were dumber than we'd care to admit. We'll still have a monthly "dues" payment, but I refuse to feel guilty for stretching (or continuing to stretch) the budget. I mean, if you can't stretch it (ha, ha, get the exercise reference?) for exercise...well, I don't know what the end of that sentence should be.

Wish us luck, encourage us on and remind me that after a few weeks of going we'll be back in that awesome exercise zone and feeling good. Then just don't let me stick one toe outside of that zone, because when I do I get into trouble!

2 comments:

Alison said...

We have been playing on our nephew's wii fit all weekend and have convinced ourselves to start working out again!!
I am totally looking forward to some good workout posts from you!!!

Unknown said...

Good for you! I don't know how the YMCAs are in Kansas City but they are all top-notch in Wichita. In fact, they are building a new one less than 10 minutes from our house.

There is no better feel-good drug than exercise!