The end of a year is always a time to reflect...and I'll do a little of that. But mostly I'm excited to ring in a new year tonight, with the love of my life, with the year of 2009 in front of us. It's full of possibilities, promise, challenges and more twists and turns on this crazy adventure of marriage and companionship.
2008 will always be the year that we look to as the beginning of our forever family. Yes, it was the year of the failed IVF. Yes, it was the year of dark sadness, of facing the demon in the mirror: how far would we be willing to go? Was it time to get off the "trying to get pregnant" train and to twist the dial of the kaleidoscope to "trying to build a family"? Could we pull off an an adoption, financially and emotionally?
Now, many months later, we find ourselves at least a partial way through our Russian adoption. There have been ups and downs, learns and eye-openers, tears and smiles.
But mostly? Mostly there is love...and possibilities. A future that's entirely ours, together. When we got married, we didn't do exactly traditional vows. We said to each other, "I join my life with yours. Wherever you will go, I will go. Whatever you will face, I will face." We've faced things together...and now we dream of where we will go together.
So, here's to 2009, for us and ours, and for you. May it take you on your own adventures and be wonderful.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy New Year! Hoping both of our years are filled with happiness as we meet our new children!
Kim
Oh, Holly! This was a beautiful post! 2009 is going to be incredible for our forever families....I just know it!
Post a Comment