Sunday, November 23, 2008

A chance encounter

So I might - stress MIGHT - be able to figure our more about our I171H wait. I was ringing a couple up at the toy store today and they said they had a long plane trip ahead of them. Being me, I asked to where their long trip was taking them. They responded Ethiopia. Hmmm, I said to myself, I wonder if they are adopting?

Again, being me, I asked, "Can I ask if you're adopting or travelling there for another reason?" They are adopting from there and I said we were adopting from Russia. The she of the she and he said, "How are things going," and I said, "I'm stalled out waiting for my I171H...can you help with any tips?"

Can I just tell you how WONDERFUL it was to have two strangers across a counter from me just KNOW what I was talking about? They nodded and said, "Yep."

But, what was better was that they managed, somehow, someway, to navigate the bureaucratic waters and find some until-now super-secret name of an actual PERSON at the Kansas City office who might at least be able to shed some light into where our paperwork is...or maybe, just maybe, might be able to expedite it.

The she of she and he is going to e-mail me tomorrow. So, fingers crossed (I ask you all to do that a lot!) that we might at least get more information.

To my online pal Aray...I continue to think of you all and imagine the possibilities for you and your husband. I can't wait to hear more and see how this opportunity develops for you.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That's cool! I hope you are able to find out something!

Alison said...

Thanks Holly! You're the best!

Good luck witht he I-171!! Isn't it funny how you run into folks like that?!?