Brian's behind a closed door right now, and I feel like it's a cartoon...you know the kind, where you hear "ZAM! BOW!" and see stars and exclamation points outside. Does it sound horrible to say he's chasing a mouse and trying to stomp on it? Ah, to be a big brave man.
I. Hate. Mice.
We came home last weekend to put away groceries and I noticed a few...signs...of a mouse under the sink. (Side note...I think I just heard an unhappy mouse sound). Later that afternoon, the little bugger ran across the kitchen floor and started playing bumper-mouse off the trash can and refrigerator. I, being a girl, screamed like a girl and ran into the living room...where my husband and dogs were sitting calmly.
Brian set some traps and life went on.
He left the Friday after Thanksgiving to visit family in southern Missouri, but I remained at home because I had to work at the toy store, my part-time earn-more-money-for-the-adoption job. As I was sitting on the couch working on blog posts for the toy store website, the darn mouse ran along the living room wall, into the dining room and away from sight. This time I yelled, "NO NO NO I DON'T LIKE YOU!" I considered it a victory to not have screamed like a girl.
I stopped and bought more traps on my way home from the toy store on Black Friday.
Fast-forward to today, actually just moments ago. We're headed out to get our Christmas tree, so I opened the hall closet door to grab a scarf and gloves. Who should appear, scampering across the top shelf of the closet and threatening my very life and limb? You guessed it, our little friend.
I'm sad to report I screamed. Again. Loudly.
Something tells me he's not really our friend, or won't want to be our friend after Brian got him under his boot, at least briefly, and is now in the nursery calling the mouse really bad names. He apparently had him cornered for a while but the darn thing has hidden himself. Two traps are set and Brian's just told him we're leaving and won't bother him anymore. Guess I'm going without gloves and scarves since they need to be washed.
Have I told you that I. Hate. Mice? I still choose to believe we have one, that it's the same mouse starring in all of these shows.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh I understand exactly how you feel. I HATE HATE / AM TERRIFIED OF MICE. We had one in our house once and I had to move out until it was caught. I swear I think I would be less afraid if I walked in on a robber than a mouse. Ridiculous but true. I am still having nightmares about the mice/new furniture story. Good luck.
Karen
Post a Comment