Friday, October 3, 2008

Wanted: Your Crock-Pot recipes!

Since I've picked up a second job to earn money for the adoption (I'm back working part-time at the locally owned children's toy, book and gift store where I was the manager from 2000 to 2002), I'm in search of easy recipes to make on the days I work there (which can either be after my "day" job during the week or on Saturdays and/or Sundays). For any online or blogger friends who might be curious, my weekday full-time job is in marketing communications for a global biological sciences company.

Do you have a favorite Crock-Pot recipe, or more than one? I'd love for you to share! Slow cooker cooking is an easy way for me to feel like we're actually having a meal and helps me resist the temptation to just order pizza or eat something really horrible at any time, but especially on week nights when I've worked or on a weekend day when I just want to come home and veg after being on my feet!

So, share away, please! Or direct me to your favorite slow cooker online recipe sites!

And, on a special note to my goddaughter, Brooke, and her mom, Lori: I can't believe Brooke is going to be Tinkerbell for Halloween and I got her Tinkerbell necklace on my business trip at Disney! I can't wait to see pics! I love you both and I'm sorry that life is so crazy that we haven't had a chance to catch up on the phone. I do love you!

4 comments:

Alison said...

My sister in law made this recipe and I loved it!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

3-4 chicken breasts (raw)
2 cans Rotel
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans corn
2 cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
2 cups Picante sauce
2 teaspoons garlic powder (I use a little more)
2 teaspoons cumin (I use a LOT)

Combine everything. Cook on low 8-9 hours. Remove chicken, shred, and then put back in soup. Serve.
EASY!!

GuinnessandKillian said...

Thanks! PERFECT!

Unknown said...

Can't get much simpler than this:

1 pkg Knorr's onion soup mix
1 can beef broth
1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
1 medium sized chuck roast

In the morning, before leaving for work, or the night before going to bed, put all ingredients into the CrockPot and cook on LOW for approximately 6-8 hours.

The beef will fall apart when finished.

Serve over cooked and buttered egg noodles.

Kim said...

By any chance do you have facebook? I just joined a group on there called "Slow Cooker Recipes" :-)