If you were expecting a happy update, I'll have to ask you to leave now.
As you can tell by my tone, the news is not good. I called the doctor's office today after my body started giving me some bad signs and they moved my beta bloodwork test up a day. This afternoon the death knoll sounded on our January 2008 IVF dream: a big fat negative.
That's right, despite transferring 4 embies, not one stuck. Once again, we're not pregnant. Am I surprised? Not really, given our history, even though IVF gave us reason to hope. Am I disappointed? You betcha. There aren't enough words.
I'll probably make this brief, because if I write more it will turn into vomit on a web page, and none of you deserves that. You've been so wonderfully supportive and your good wishes have all come from deep in your hearts, and I so wanted to make us all happy and excited.
Brian and I aren't sure where we go from here, but we're so glad we have each other and you all as we try to figure it out. We simply couldn't have gone through this journey alone and I feel incredibly lucky to have you all in our lives.
I'll write more later, after I've had some time to process and we figure out what we're going to do now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment